CGBMT (Centre for Green Building Materials and Technology) is an Indian Non-Governmental Organisation engaged in promoting “Sustainable Way of Living”.
Our work addresses human, community and ecological needs through eco-education, advocacy, research and development and on-the-ground work community engagements. CGBMT involves all stakeholders to ensure long-term tranformational benefits.
In 2020 we launched “School of Simple Living” as an effort to reach out to adopt simple interventions in their life, to make the big change, connecting to nature.
To The Centre for Green Building Materials and Technology was established in 2004 as a trust under society’s act, under section 12A of the income tax act 1961, for bringing Sustainable building technologies into the mainstream building sector. Operating as a sister organization of Manasaram Architects and supported by Aditi Constructions & Aditigreenscapes, the trust was started as a response to the dearth of awareness, trained personnel and sufficient data in the field of Sustainable building materials and technologies. Since its inception, CGBMT has worked towards promotion of Environment friendly solutions for a Sustainable way of living through various fields of research and development.
Our Goal is to promote a sustainable way of living that is in harmony with nature. Ours is an organization that promotes and provides “Green-i e., Environment friendly, low energy and cost effective solutions for green living through research, sourcing, networking, manufacturing and execution, and community engagement.
- To serve for the advancement of education in Eco-friendly and cost effective Building Materials and Technologies.
- To act as a resource bank of information on Green Building Materials and Technologies by providing technical advice, expert guidance and know-how.
- To promote and source Research and Development activities pertaining to this field.
- To organize Training programmes for various levels of participation and also act as a forum for seminars, exhibitions, workshops, orientation & awareness programmes, demonstrations etc. to help realize the relevance and importance of these materials and technologies in shaping today’s world.
- To reach out and spread this knowledge by preparing and publishing informative literature through newspapers, periodicals and other medium of mass communication.
- To establish and maintain a network of similar societies, agencies, NGO’s etc. in India and abroad for knowledge sharing on the subject.
- To help identify and produce raw materials for production of Green Building Materials.
- To help in execution of projects involving Green Building Materials and Technologies.
- To promote green products for day to day use, for a sustainable way of life.